Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's How Cold?

Well, my predictions last week, for the most part, were pretty accurate.


Predicted: CSU 34 Wyoming 27  Actual: CSU 0 Wyoming 44  (More on this later)
Predicted: Kansas St. 31 CU 38  Actual: Kansas St. 36 CU 44 (Buffs will be bowl eligible if they beat Nebraska)
Predicted: MSU 24 UM 17  Actual: MSU 21 UM 16 
Predicted: Denver Broncos 17 San Diego Chargers 34  Actual: Denver 14 San Diego 35 (sigh)


Thankfully CSU is done for the season so here are my picks for the weekend:


CU 24 Nebraska 20 (Doesn't sound like Taylor Martinez will play)
St. Louis Rams 24 Denver Broncos 31 (I don't know why I punish myself by thinking this way)


What a bad ending to the season for CSU.  Just a few weeks ago I was optimistic after a 19-24 loss to San Diego St. which was a game CSU should have won.  Now, after losing the last two games by a combined score of 93-10 (the last coming against a bad Wyoming team) I'm staring to wonder if the players have given up on Fairchild.  I doubt they will get rid of him this offseason but next year is bowl game or bust.  I wonder if Sonny Lubick's phone has been ringing.


Well, it looks like the Broncos are who we thought they were.  I'm not sure what that Kansas City game was but I'm not expecting to see another one like it.  I do think they can beat St. Louis at home this weekend but other than the Arizona game I don't see any more wins on the schedule.  The game against Houston on 12/26 might be a battle of coaches auditioning for offensive coordinator jobs.  I won't waste too much time on the Broncos but why did they consistently rush three against Rivers?  Is letting the top quarterback in the league have six seconds to find an open receiver really the defensive game plan?  The few times they put pressure on him he was forced into bad passes which led to punts.  Oh, and nice tackling on the Crayton touchdown.  There's nothing like a 5 yard loss turning into a 40 yard touchdown.


On a happier note, have a very Happy Thanksgiving.  We're off to Helena, MT (via Bozeman) where the temperature is currently -9 (feels like -29.)  I hope no school buses get in our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment