Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tea For Two and Two For Tebow

As expected my predictions last week were way off.  I was one for three.  If I was playing baseball that would be a great average.  CU got a win at home against Iowa St. but CSU got crushed by BYU.  They wrap up this season in Laramie as they battle for the Bronze Boot in the Border war.  I think I would have been awarded four points for that one in Scattergories.  This is a big game for CSU and Coach Fairchild as they don't want to enter the offseason and recruiting season on a three game losing streak and the same 3-9 record as last year.  Although they do seem to show some signs of improvement and have a good looking young quarterback the Rams need to turn things around big time next season if Coach Fairchild wants to keep his job.  I'm looking for them to go at least 5-7.  How sad when you root for your team to finish just under .500.

Speaking of teams under .500 how about them Broncos?  I'm still not sure what to think of the 49-29 beat down of the Chefs.  Great googly moogly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSAXLayoMKI if you haven't seen it in awhile.)  I'd like to think the Broncos found a running game now that Ryan Harris is healthy and they have moved back to more zone blocking but we'll see what happens Monday night in San Diego.  Hopefully they won't have to rely on special team touchdowns by Eddie Royal for the majority of their points (like last year) but if that's what it takes I'll be happy for a win.  Heck, I'll  just be happy if someone knocks the smug look off Phillip Rivers' face.  Are there many more players you root against than Phillip Rivers?  Maybe Brett "Cameraphone" Favre, Tom "Cutyourhairyouhippie" Brady, or Ray "DidpeopleforgetIkilledsomeone" Lewis can compete for the title but "Crymea" Rivers is up there.  But I digress.  It was nice to watch a game where the winner was never in doubt and I wasn't considering breaking my TV.  It was also nice to see my future brother-in-law score not one but two touchdowns.  Congrats Tim Tebow on the first passing touchdown of your career.  So far this year Tebow has 13 plays (12 rushes and 1 pass) and 4 TDs.  Not too shabby.  Oh, and Todd Haley, you're a crybaby and a poor sport.  I hope we punk you in a few weeks in Kansas City.

Back to Ray Lewis for a second.  Is it just me or are sports fans about the most forgiving people in the world?  Look at people like Ray Lewis, Randy Moss, and Michael Vick.  About a year and a half ago the only thing I heard regarding Vick was that he would be a cancer to any locker room and now every sports talk personality can't stop gushing over what a great person and player he is.  Don't get me wrong, I'm the same way, especially when the guys plays for my team (although I will NEVER EVER root for Todd Bertuzzi even if the Avs were to sign him) but sometimes it drives me crazy to hear people flip flop on their opinions based on a player's recent stats.  Maybe it's not such a bad thing though.  Perhaps we should all learn a lesson and be as forgiving to people we know personally, not just sports starts.

As I step off my soapbox I hope you all have a good week.  Is it really Thanksgiving in a week?

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the way you and I think alike about the Broncos,the players we root against and football in general is downright scary. We'll chalk it up to you raising me right.

    ReplyDelete