Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Week 2 update

Well, it looks like I'm back to my slacking ways.  I meant to update this last week but I was in CA Monday - Thursday and then Friday I left work a bit early so I could spend some time with my two little girls.  We went to Dairy Queen, which is one of L's favorite places.  It turns out N loves it too...big surprise!  I could hardly scoop it up into N's mouth fast enough.  A bit of background: L really likes to sit on my lap on school mornings as I feed her yogurt for breakfast.  I know I should maker her feed herself but I know it won't be too long before she won't want to sit on Daddy's lap so I'm going to enjoy it while I can.  Anyway, sometimes when she's being silly she opens her mouth and says "ahhhhh ahhhhh" when she wants another bite and N has caught on to this.  I'm sure I looked like a mama bird at DQ with my one year old sitting in her chair with her mouth wide open saying "ahhhh ahhhh."

Back to my original point, I never ended up updating this blog with my week 2 progress report.  Week 2 was another easy week of alternating walking with jogging although the intervals increased in length.  My two workouts in California were done on the hotel treadmill although I'm not sure why I didn't take advantage of the weather and jog outside.  Back in CO on Friday I got in an outdoor workout so I could actually get an idea of how far I was going.  I ended up going 2.37 miles in 31 minutes which means:

Projected 1/2 marathon time (repeating week 2 workout): 171 minutes = 2 hours 51 minutes
1/2 marathon time goal: 3 hours

Moving from week 1 to week 2 of the couch-to-5k program basically cut off 6 minutes of my projected time.  Of course this assumes that I could keep up the same pace for the entire 13.1 miles which probably wouldn't happen since my legs would be burning but it at least gives me an idea of what to expect as far as time.

Just this morning I completed the second workout of week 3 but I'm going to wait and post the results after I complete the final workout on Friday.  I'm definitely not feeling like a runner yet and don't see how I could run for 3 miles straight let alone 13.1.

No comments:

Post a Comment