Monday, February 10, 2014

Still Good

This will be another short post because my "one week after surgery" appoint was like my last one, quick.  This one was slightly longer because Dr. Danzo actually did an eye test to check my prescription.  He said everything looked good and my eyes were healing nicely and I could still see the 20-15 line.  He mentioned that my left eye looked a little dry and that I should continue to use my artificial tears but could stop taking the prescription drops.

I am still very happy with the results and am glad I did it.  I've still been wearing my goggles at night although as far as I know I've never woken myself up because I was trying to rub my eyes so I think I would be OK to sleep without them.  I've been sleeping pretty well so I figure I might as well leave them on.  I do usually take them off if I wake up around 4-5am and it feels wonderful!

I'd say the worst part is still not being able to rub my eyes.  It's not ever that big of an issue except when water runs over my (shut) eyes in the shower and I really want to wipe the water off.  I end up showering with my eyes closed and hoping they air dry by the time I need to get dressed!

No more appointments until the "one month after surgery" appointment at which time I'm hoping they tell me that my flaps are as healed as they will be and that I can gently rub my eyes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment