Friday, November 1, 2013

Running Out of Time

Sometimes I think I am really clever with my titles.  This week isn't one of them!

I don't have much time to write today because we're going to head up to the mountains for the weekend and I need to pack.  I'm not bringing my running gear so that makes this a recovery weekend.  I still want to get one more long run in before the race so it will probably have to wait until next weekend.  With the time change this weekend I think it will be too dark to run 2 hours after work this week.  I can't believe I'll be getting ready for my race in just over 2 weeks.  I think I'm ready and I have to hope my training me has prepared me for it.  Last month I mentioned that I only ran 48.76 miles in September due to some soreness/injuries.  In October I ended up running 69.86 miles which is almost 10 miles more than I have run during any month!  For my 10 mile run last Saturday, as I mentioned in my last blog, I decided to switch up my intervals.  After running the first mile I alternated 1 minute of walking with 4 minutes of running.  Compared to the last 10 mile run I cut 1 minute 14 seconds off my time.  This might not sound like much but considering this route included an additional 100 feet of elevation gain, I think it was pretty successful.  Whenever I get out for my next/last long run I think I'll try it again although I might push the running interval to 4:30 or 5 minutes.
Turning around at 5 miles and going downhill felt GREAT!
L's newly appointed "favorite holiday" occurred last night.  I'm sure that will change as we get closer to Christmas but she was so excited for Halloween.  She dressed up as Ariel (as a princess, not mermaid), N dressed up as Sebastian the crab (even though the costume may have been a lobster), and Angie was the evil sea-witch Ursula.
My adorable family
Unfortunately I didn't get into the spirit of Halloween like the rest of my family.  Maybe next year.  L has the next 4 years of Halloween ideas mapped out and next year will be a Star Wars themed event.  We'll see if that holds.  This morning L woke up and one of the first things she said to me was: "Daddy, candy!"  I love the way kids' minds work.

Don't forget to comment, you can be anonymous!

Did you dress up for Halloween?  What were you?  Did your family do a theme?
Do you have a long run this weekend?  How long?





No comments:

Post a Comment