Friday, November 15, 2013

Time's Up

Well, it's Friday afternoon and at this time tomorrow I'll be on my way to the airport.  It's hard to believe that my last week of training is over and the only thing left in front of me is the race.  Unfortunately both of my little girls were plagued by the stomach bug this past week and I'm actually home with both of them right now.  I've been using so much hand sanitizer that my fingers are about to crack off of my hands.  I'm doing whatever it takes to try to stay healthy for the run.  I really hope Angie is able to fight off this bug as well as it wouldn't be much fun to have two kids at home by yourself while sick.

Anyway, assuming I don't catch anything in the next 51.5 hours I think I'm ready to go.  As I've mentioned before, I know I shouldn't have a time goal for myself and just run to have fun and finish but I can't help but predict how I'm going to do.  Running at 2000 feet (as opposed to 5000+ feet here in CO) and on a flat course should definitely make things easier but I'm guessing running with 35,000+ other people will probably cancel all that out.  I'm not sure how difficult it will be to do my run/walk intervals with so many other people but I'll try to stay out of the way on my run to walk transitions.  I'm going to stick with alternating 4:30 of running with 1 minute of walking and hope that by the end of the race I'll have enough energy to push hard at the end.  My final goal is to finish in under 2:10.  I'll update you next week on how it went.

Quick prediction on the Broncos.  HUGE game this week at home against the 9-0 Chiefs.  I keep going back and forth on this one mainly because it's supposed to be chilly (20s-30s), maybe a bit windy, and Manning with 2 bad ankles.  What finally wins out for me is the fact that I can't see the Chiefs scoring more that 17 points against the Broncos unless they get some defensive touchdowns (which you can never predict.)  I'm expecting a great crowd and a big win for Denver, 31 - 17.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment