Friday, October 11, 2013

D) None of the above

In my last post I mentioned that, due to the cold weather, I had three options for my long run on Saturday.  I ended up choosing none of them and waited until Monday (when the weather was nicer) for my long run.  On Saturday morning I wimped out and did 46 minutes on the treadmill.  I made up for it on Monday morning as I did my first ever double digit run!  That's right, I finally got up to 10 miles and did it in 1:34:00.
10 miles!
Unfortunately my usual path was washed out (from the floods last month) at the 3 mile point so I had to find a new route on the fly.  I felt pretty good overall but one of my knees started feeling a little weak around the 8 mile mark.  I did my usual run/walk intervals and my mile splits were pretty consistent (8:48, 9:20, 9:24, 9:29, 9:20, 9:54, 9:50, 8:56, 9:26, 9:33.)  The splits got a little wacky around mile 6 because I walked for an extra minute while trying to get my book started on my ipod (I had been listening to Broncos talk on the radio).  I made up for it by walking a minute less the next mile but then had to make a quick pit stop at a nearby port-a-potty.  I guess I was drinking too much water.  Anyway, as I said I felt pretty good overall and may have been able to go another mile or two but I needed to get to work.  I ran on the treadmill yesterday morning and felt pretty sore/tired which I'm sure was due to the long run on Monday.  I'm not sure how far I'll go Saturday morning but I'm thinking I'll stay with 5 - 6 miles.  L and I are going to Minnesota next Friday so I'm going to have to get a long-ish run in either Monday or Thursday.  Then I'll be in the home stretch for the half marathon.  Yikes.
100% accurate
Last week I predicted that Denver would win a close game, 34-30.  I was pretty close to the actual score of 38-33.  Oh wait, that was the score after three quarters.  I actually was right that Denver would win a close game and wasn't far from the margin of victory but I didn't give the offenses enough credit (or maybe I gave the defenses too much credit.)  Denver won 51-48 after a last second field goal by Matt Prater.  Denver had the ball at the end of the game thanks to a clutch interception by Danny Trevathan.  Denver lost three defensive starters in the game and it doesn't sound like any of them will be back this weekend.  Fortunately, I don't think Denver will need them as they are hosting the 0-5 Jaguars of Jacksonville.  They will also benefit (most likely) from the return of perennial pro bowler Champ Bailey.  Right now the line is Denver by 26 points which is the largest line in the history of the NFL.  I can see Manning on the sidelines with his baseball cap on by the fourth quarter although I don't see them covering 26 points.  DEN 34 JAX 13.
Big-time interception that saved the game
It's Homecoming weekend at CSU and they will host San Jose St. at Hughes Stadium in a battle of 2-3 teams.  CSU is coming off of their bye week while the Spartans are back in the continental United States after beating Hawaii 37-27 last week.  I don't know much about San Jose State's team this year and I don't have a lot of faith in CSU (yet) but I think the Rams squeak out their third victory 38-34.
Go RAMS!





No comments:

Post a Comment