Tuesday, January 21, 2014

To See Or Not To See

I apologize for not updating this post in over a month.  I'm sure I've lost the 6 readers that I had!  It seems as though blogging is like running.  If you don't have an end goal it's hard to do it on a weekly basis.  Speaking of running, I've been running between 1 - 3 times per week and I run between 3 -4 miles on each run.  One of these days I need to try a 6 miler to see how it goes.  I haven't decided if/when I'm going to do another half marathon but I'm leaning toward the Rock n Roll Denver which is in October.  I think that race "only" had 8000 people last year which is a lot but way better than the 30k we had in Vegas.
Supporting the Denver Broncos on my run last Saturday
Going back a month, we went to Montana for Christmas and had a great time.  It was very cold the first few days (-50 F wind chill the first day there) but warmed up to the 20s by the end of the week.  L and N had a wonderful time playing with their cousins and enjoyed spending time with Grandma, Papa Donnie, Uncle Chad, Aunt Jeanne, Uncle Robert, and Auntie (to be) Bre.  L was constantly asked what she wanted for Christmas and every time her answer was "a pedal bike."  Thank goodness Santa left a pedal bike under the tree in Colorado.  Angie set up a video camera to capture her reaction upon seeing the bike and I'll try to post it at some point.  Actually, now that I mention it, I don't think I've seen the video yet.  N got a little basketball hoop and was equally excited to see it under the tree.

We had to say goodbye to my parents Sunday night as they are on their way back to Africa.  It was a lot of fun having them back in the country for the past 7 months and I really enjoyed seeing L and N get to know them again.

I don't make New Year's Resolutions but I did set some goals for the year.  The first is that I wanted to continue running and the other was that I wanted to get a Lasik consultation.  I ended up going in to the 20/20 Institute last week and found out that I was a candidate for Lasik so I scheduled it to be done on January 29th.  I have decided, for the next few weeks/months, to make this my blogging topic of choice and hopefully it will force me to update this more often.  I know a few people that have had Lasik, and I have read plenty about it, but I hadn't heard/read a detailed account of everything that goes into it.  I'll try to do that in this blog.  I'll do it in a separate posting so this one doesn't get too long.

In case you haven't noticed the Denver Broncos are going to the Super Bowl!  I really want to put about 25 exclamation points but I always think it's annoying when other people do it so I'll refrain.  Denver's defense has really stepped up in the postseason and both games, although not blowouts, were never seriously in doubt.  I have to say it's much more fun to watch football games like that.  The Broncos will have their hands full for the Super Bowl as they will play the Seattle Sherman Seahawks.  Of course the year the Broncos finally make it back to the big game it's going to be held outdoors in a cold weather stadium.  I really hope they can get decent weather so that the conditions don't favor one team over the other.  I can't wait!
Most. Awkward. Interview. Ever.





No comments:

Post a Comment