Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Good To Go

I had my final pre-op appointment today and it looks like I'm all set for surgery tomorrow.  I'm still not too nervous yet but I'm sure I will be tomorrow.  Let me take that back, I'm not yet nervous for the surgery but I am nervous about the recovery.  To clarify, I'm nervous about accidentally rubbing my eyes and dislocating the flap on the cornea.  I love rubbing my eyes and often do it without thinking about it.  This past week I made a conscious effort to stop myself before rubbing my eyes so hopefully I can avoid doing it after my surgery.  The 20/20 Institute says that the cornea flap will heal in 48 hours but not to rub my eyes for 2 weeks.  They will be giving me goggles to wear the first few nights but I just might wear them 24/7 for the full 2 weeks!  I'm sure I won't get any funny looks at work, or at the store, or at church when I show up with goggles.  I'm thinking these look good:
                                          
Speaking of the 20/20 Institute, I was thinking back to my last post and realize that I made it sound like I chose them because it's close to my house and because they are the official LASIK provider of the Broncos.  While I do love the location, I also did plenty of research and know someone that had LASIK done there.  While some other places are cheaper (ICON LASIK lets you choose which LASIK technology you want; older technology = less $) and others offer free iPads and TVs, I felt like the 20/20 institute was the right choice for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment