Sunday, July 3, 2011

One day to go...

Well, tomorrow is the day I've been training for.  The Firecracker 4k.  Although I still have not yet run 2.5 miles without a walking break I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to beat my target time of 23 minutes.  This week I was able to run for 16 minutes before taking a one minute walk break.  Since most of my running has been outside I'm pretty happy with that because the places I've been running have been very hilly and it seems like there is always a steep incline off the bat to zap all my energy right away.  Although I've wanted to start walking sooner I've been pretty good at getting to a mile and a half before my walk break.  We'll see how it goes tomorrow.  Obviously I'd like to make it the entire 2.48 miles without walking but I won't feel disappointed in myself if I have to walk for a minute or two.

I'll do an update Tuesday morning to let you know how I did.  Happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment