Monday, July 4, 2011

Firecracker 4k

Well, it's finally over.  I just got back from running the firecracker 4k in Erie, CO with a time of 20 minutes and 13 seconds!  I was hoping for 22 - 23 minutes so I'm very happy with my time.  That comes out to an 8 minute 8 second mile and that includes a 40 second walk after 16 minutes.  It helped that for once my run started with a downhill so I wasn't completely dead after the first 10 minutes.  It was, however, rough to climb that hill at the end.  I sure the fact that I was running with other people helped speed up my pace more than when I run alone.

Congrats to everyone that ran the race (not that any of them would ever find themselves reading this blog) and thanks to Angie and Lauren for coming down to watch and cheer me on!

Happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment