Friday, May 31, 2013

Nothing new

Well, since the couch to 5k program ended a couple weeks ago I've been sticking with the week 9 program of a 5 minute walk, 30 minute run, and 5 minute cool down.  I have been extending my run into my cool down but nothing major.  I did break the 4 mile barrier (including the walking) so I guess I need to start increasing the time/distance of at least one of my runs.  I had to run at the rec center twice this week because of weather (first rain and then wind) which I think is so boring.  At least running outside I have a good idea how much further I need to go since I typically run the same route.  When I run on the treadmill I find it hard not to stare at the screen to see how much time has gone by.  I'm planning on doing a 4 mile race on the 4th of July but I'd like to find a 5k to do before then.

I'm off to Seattle next week for a trade show so it looks like more treadmill running is in the cards for me.  I'd like to do some running outside in Seattle but don't really feel like dealing with traffic and pedestrians.  I am excited about going to a baseball game with some friend on Monday night.  One of my goals is to see a baseball game in every stadium so after next week I can check SAFECO Field off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment