Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Qdoba to 4k

Wow, I can't believe it has been three and a half months since my last post.  Sorry about that.  A lot has happened since my last post so I'll try to summarize the major events in one sentence each (in no particular order.)

Nuggets finally traded Melo, made the playoffs, and then exited in the first round just like they did when Melo was here.

The Broncos had a pretty good draft and addressed some of the issues on the defensive side of the ball, now let's just hope there is a season.

The Rockies got off to the best start in the majors and just finished off the worst month in the majors and there is much panic at 20th and Blake.

My baby girl turned 2 and is as cute and as sweet as ever.

I turned 33 and Angie turned...29...and she is as cute and as sweet as ever.

The folks are still in Senegal and things seem to be going well for them although we still miss them like crazy.

Two weddings in April, one in MT and the other in MN, and the weather held up for the most part.

I think that about sums up the past few months, now I'll try to do a better job of updating in the future.

I have tentatively decided to do the Erie Firecracker 4k on July 4th.  Until about 5 minutes ago I thought it was a 5k so now my training just got 1k easier!  My idea was to start training on June 4th so I'd have exactly one month to get ready but I cheated and actually started today.  I am starting off easy and combined walking and jogging (9 and 12 laps respectively) for 1.5 miles.  There is a rec center by my office and it has a running track that says 14 laps = 1 mile but i'm not quit sure I believe it because I finished the 1.5 miles in just under 18 minutes.  This means I could finish the 4k in 30 minutes with a lot of walking.  Obviously my goal is to do it all without running and I think that, by July, I should be able to do it without any issues.  I do not, however, plan to change my diet much so I'll continue with my Qdoba and sushi (not on the same day) lunches.  I wouldn't want anyone to confuse me for a healthy person!  Stay tuned for more updates as my training continues!

2 comments:

  1. No joining forces with the enemy (aka healthy people) or our alliance will be severed. I'm disturbed enough that you are running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm not sure what's wrong with me. The big question is whether or not I'll continue to run after the 4k is over.

    ReplyDelete